Please take the time to read everything, regardless of how long-winded I get, as there is some very important stuff here.
What to Bring
- ID. For all sorts of legal reasons, I will need you to sign documents that release the ring owners, Vertex, and myself from liability should you be injured during the filming weekend and indicate that you are taking full responsibility for your safety while there. In addition, you will need to sign a waiver giving me permission to film and distribute your image, likeness, and footage to the public. Both of these require that I properly identify you via government-issued identification such as a Driver's License or State ID.
- Vax card. You must be fully vaccinated, including booster shots, in order to participate in our filming weekends. No exceptions.
- Gear. We love trunks, singlets, boots, and pads! Please do not come expecting to wrestle in jeans or baggy tights. Pads are VERY important if you're going to wrestle in the ring. If you've never had the experience, trust me on this one. If for any reason you are in need of some gear to wear during the weekend, please reach out to me sooner rather than later. It's possible that we have one or more guys roughly your size that will be coming who would be willing to lend you some of theirs, but I can't help you if I don't know about it well in advance. Also, I want to take the time to be specific about masks. In general, most of our matches are filmed with competitors who are not wearing masks, as these historically outsell those that have masked competitors by fairly significant margins. This does not mean that I disallow masks in Vertex, but if you are going to want to wear masks in the matches in which you are filmed, there are potentially fewer slots in which I can place you, depending on how many people attend. Please let me know in advance if you will be wearing masks for your matches so that I can schedule appropriately.
When's it all happening?
- We'll start at 9 a.m at the ring the day the event is scheduled. This begins with the practice and training sessions that are MANDATORY if you haven't set foot in a ring before or if you have very limited experience in one, and HIGHLY ENCOURAGED even if you have.
- The filming of matches will follow. Please keep in mind that I cannot promise that you will be able to have a match with any particular person or at any particular time. I do my best to be as flexible as I can be with requests, but at the end of the day, I need to be sure that we have filmed all of our attendees in as many different matches as possible in situations that I feel are the most likely to generate revenue to allow us to continue holding these weekends. By all means, if you have specific match requests, please communicate those with me as early as possible, and I will do what I can to allow for them. I want everyone to have a good time while at the same time ensuring that I can keep the lights on!
- Matches will continue to be filmed for the remainder of the day, typically until somewhere between 5 and 7 p.m., depending on our arrangement with the venue owner.
- Wrestling will resume at 9 a.m. the following day, and it is typically a somewhat shorter day than Saturday, usually concluding mid-afternoon. At that point, we'll request that everyone assist in making sure that the venue looks exactly as it did before we entered it (so that the owners will continue to allow us to use their venue) and then we can all go home.
I really appreciate everyone who takes the time and energy to come and play with us during these weekends, and I am happy to do whatever I can to ensure that everyone enjoys themselves in an atmosphere of respect, learning and fun. If you have any questions whatsoever before, during, or after the event, please feel free to email me at email@example.com.
Who would I wrestle?
It could be absolutely anybody! We listen to everybody's requests, note the chemistry between the wrestlers, and come up with matches on-the-fly based on how everybody is feeling, physically and mentally. We don't plan a ton of matches in advance because there are many factors - attendance, fatigue, schedules, etc that make planning to-the-letter infeasible.
Can you book a specific match?
We do our best to be flexible with match requests, but at the end of the day, we need to be sure that we have filmed all of our attendees in as many different matches as possible in situations that we feel are the most likely to generate revenue to allow us to continue hosting filming events. We want everyone to have a good time while at the same time ensuring that we can keep the lights on!
Can I wear a mask?
Masks aren't allowed and it's a hard policy. Our fans Vertex for it's domination-laden action, masks cover up the suffering they love to see and make it harder to "sell" the effect of your opponent's moves. Our folks that do use masks have *very* compelling reasons such as working for multiple pro promotions.
Can I spectate?
Unless you're a +1 for a roster member, no. Filming events are for participants and we like to make sure everybody's comfortable. You'll get to see the action on the site later - don't worry!
Do I have to attend the whole event?
If you can only make one day, that's fine! On days you can attend, we ask that you attend the whole day and support your crew. You may have as many matches as you'd like, even if it's just one a day.
How do you compensate?
We offer training opportunities w/ experienced, professionally trained veterans, ring access, and great experiences with a safe crew. We founded Vertex for these reasons and strive to make the kind of content we've always wanted to see, regardless of how well it sells. If you're looking for paid work, all the power to you - but that's not what we're about.
Do you make custom matches?
No. Not because we don't want to, but because it restricts us as creators. We make our best matches when we lean into improv and the chemistry between wrestlers.
Does Vertex make adult material?
No, we produce fully clothed pro wrestling matches. We love our LGBTQ fans and our matches are usually suggestive, but we will never produce adult material. For our talent and most of our fans, that is what it's all about!